November 10, 2010

Woulda Coulda Shoulda

I am always impressed. I'm impressed at how life is always teaching me valuable lessons and how absolute chaos can transform itself magically into peaceful clarity and understanding. Yesterday, I was insane in ze membrane. This was the background song in my head for the day-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHcWx9BNZ9I&feature=related. Overwhelmed by work and confused by delusion and unfortunate ridiculousness that I carelessly fell into, I couldn't process the truths that were being thrown elegantly my way.

I moved to Burlington because this enclave of integrity and connection has a way of teaching you the impact you can make and how every little action has a reaction. A small petri dish for people to play and learn in, this town is sprouting with ideas, creativity and karma.

I came across a book called, Vermont: A Special World, and it struck me just how special this place is. Here, you make what you want Possible. Obviously, you have to have the passion, knowledge and perseverance, but if you pile those pieces into one sprig of deep intention, then you can make it possible in one way or the other.

I was talking to my co-worker last night and he told me that he always looks at the world cynically and pessimistically. He's always waiting for the next shitty thing to happen, et voilĂ  they do! He got a parking ticket right outside of work yesterday and said, just my luck.

A few  days ago, after jumping around downtown Burlington in a giddy state of blissful nonchalance, I woke up the next morning and realized my big floral wallet was not in my dainty little purse! oooops.I got a call from my bank notifying me that they had received a call from Esox, a bar downtown saying that they had my wallet. I called Esox on my way to work and told them that I didn't have time to pick it up because I was on my way to Single Pebble for work, but that I would pick it up later that evening.They said it would be waiting for me.

Snipping away at snow peas with the other bussers, gabbing about who did what when, my boss came in with a snicker on her face and handed me my wallet with not a thing missing from it. A bartender from Esox had surprise walked over to my restaurant and hand delivered my beloved wallet.

So as my fellow busser described his bad luck and injustices that were imposed upon him daily, I couldn't help but feel confused. And it was then that I reminded myself of something that is all too easy to lose sight of in times of distorted thinking--Why not get the most you can out of your experience and then build upon it? Why look at things in a win-lose situation, if you can look at them in a win-win situation? I live my life VERY optimistically, maybe a little too much. So when you mix optimism with a slightly false or maybe just naive sense of reality, you sometimes run into lessons. Not trouble, just lessons. And while I make freaken big ass mistakes, I can't believe how grateful I am for them.

En Serio.

No comments:

Post a Comment